Transformative Change from the Classroom to Practice
Collaborating Across Borders (CAB) IV, June 12-14, 2013
in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- The Canadian Interprofessional Health Collaborative (CIHC) is posting a series of interviews with patients/clients around their thoughts on team-based health care. The goal is to showcase the realities of team-based care from a variety of different perspectives.
- The Social and Local Committee, with the help of the Vancouver Tourism Board, have been working hard to create a list of the 'Top 5' things to see and do in Vancouver. Click here to plan your non-conference related activities.
- Conference program now AVAILABLE. Please visit HERE.
General Conference Information
Building upon the highly successful Collaborating Across Borders Conference series, CAB IV is the fourth joint conference that links Canada and the United States around the key themes of interprofessional education (IPE) and interprofessional practice (IPP).
CAB IV will continue the traditions established by previous CAB conferences by focusing on interprofessional education, practice, leadership and policy in a North American context. The conference will feature best practices, showcase evidence-based outcomes and lessons learned, and provide a venue for scholarly dialogue and productive networking.
The conference theme, "Transformative Change from the Classroom to Practice", will reflect the importance of concept and theory as they play a role in preparation of future health professionals.
We look forward to welcoming health care practitioners, researchers, educators, health system leaders, students, and patient advocates to this conference.
- Provide a foundation of knowledge and skills for individuals in the early stages of interprofessional education program development
- Share best practices and lessons learned for individuals with advanced levels of interprofessional education and practice endeavors
- Enhance the body of knowledge that informs interprofessional education (IPE) and interprofessional
- Advance interprofessional collaboration to fully transform health professions education and care delivery systems and to ultimately improve health outcomes
- Cells for Life- 585 University Ave Toronto, ON M5G 2N2 TEL: (416) 260-0808
- Chiro-Med- 883 Mulock Dr #5a, Newmarket, ON L3Y 8S3 TEL: (905) 235-2620
- Chrysalis Canada- 4576 Yonge St #100, Toronto, ON M2N 6N4. TEL: (416) 800-0927
- IVF Canada- 2347 Kennedy Rd, Toronto, ON M1T 3T8, ON TEL: (416) 754-1010
- Home Care Toronto- 234 Eglinton Ave. East, Suite 207, Toronto M4P 1K5 TEL: (416)-482-8292
- Prosthodontic Associates- 2300 Yonge St #905 Toronto, ON M4P 1E4 TEL:(416)-322-6862
- One-Stop Travel Clinic- 3585 Lawrence Avenue East, Unit 1A Scarborough, ON M1G 1P4 TEL: (416) 431-0736
- LifeMark Physiotherapy- 1949 Upper Water Street, Suite 205 Halifax, NS, B3J3N3 TEL: 902-428-5311
- DelShen Therapeutics
This conference will be particularly relevant to health care practitioners, researchers, academics from universities, colleges and institutes, health/education policy and decision makers, students and patient organizations, with an interest in advancing all aspects of interprofessional education, leadership, practice and policy.
Information on registration fees can be found on our registration info tab or please click here.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver, 655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC.
For more information on venue and accommodations, please visit our venue tab or click here.
Attending a University in the Caribbean enables some Canadian students to gain a medical education, without waiting years to gain admission to educational institutions in Canada or the United States. Before you apply to study at Caribbean medical schools
, however, you should research five key points very carefully.