Transformative Change from the Classroom to Practice
Collaborating Across Borders (CAB) IV, June 12-14, 2013
in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- *New* Conference presentations are now available for viewing. Presentations available for viewing are posted with speakers' consent. Click here to view the conference presentations.
We are excited to announce that the peer-reviewed CAB IV abstracts are now posted online
! With so many high quality presentations to choose from, we hope that this will help you more easily select the breakout sessions you would like to attend. Click here
to review the abstracts.
- The Canadian Interprofessional Health Collaborative (CIHC) is posting a series of interviews with patients/clients around their thoughts on team-based health care. The goal is to showcase the realities of team-based care from a variety of different perspectives. Please visit http://cihcblog.com/ often to check for new stories.
- The Social and Local Committee, with the help of the Vancouver Tourism Board, have been working hard to create a list of the 'Top 5' things to see and do in Vancouver. Click here to plan your non-conference related activities.
- Conference program now AVAILABLE. Please visit HERE.
General Conference Information
Building upon the highly successful Collaborating Across Borders Conference series (I, II and III), CAB IV is the fourth joint conference that links Canada and the United States around the key themes of interprofessional education (IPE) and interprofessional practice (IPP).
CAB IV will continue the traditions established by previous CAB conferences by focusing on interprofessional education, practice, leadership and policy in a North American context. The conference will feature best practices, showcase evidence-based outcomes and lessons learned, and provide a venue for scholarly dialogue and productive networking.
The conference theme, "Transformative Change from the Classroom to Practice", will reflect the importance of concept and theory as they play a role in preparation of future health professionals.
We look forward to welcoming health care practitioners, researchers, educators, health system leaders, students, and patient advocates to this conference.
- Provide a foundation of knowledge and skills for individuals in the early stages of interprofessional education program development
- Share best practices and lessons learned for individuals with advanced levels of interprofessional education and practice endeavors
- Enhance the body of knowledge that informs interprofessional education (IPE) and interprofessional
- Advance interprofessional collaboration to fully transform health professions education and care delivery systems and to ultimately improve health outcomes
- Cells for Life- 585 University Ave Toronto, ON M5G 2N2 TEL: (416) 260-0808
- Chiro-Med- 883 Mulock Dr #5a, Newmarket, ON L3Y 8S3 TEL: (905) 235-2620
- Chrysalis Canada- 4576 Yonge St #100, Toronto, ON M2N 6N4. TEL: (416) 800-0927
- Abitibi Dental Centre- 8 Abitibi Ave, North York, ON M2M 2V1 TEL: (416) 223-0550
- Bayshore HealthCare- 345 Bloor St, #1B, Toronto, ON M4W 3J6 TEL: (416) 927-7850
L5B 2V2 TEL: (905) 277-3116
- IVF Canada- 2347 Kennedy Rd, Toronto, ON M1T 3T8, ON TEL: (416) 754-1010
This conference will be particularly relevant to health care practitioners, researchers, academics from universities, colleges and institutes, health/education policy and decision makers, students and patient organizations, with an interest in advancing all aspects of interprofessional education, leadership, practice and policy.
Information on registration fees can be found on our registration info tab or please click here.
Event lanyards were provided by Dynamic Gift Canada.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver, 655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC.
For more information on venue and accommodations, please visit our venue tab or click here.